Our Client’s ambition is to hire a senior, world-class engineering leader helping us to scale the team and bring it to the next level. What makes our team exciting: our international culture, our growing ambitions and our eagerness to drive innovation. We are looking for a very strong technology leader who can provide vision, leadership, processes and culture to ensure we effectively deliver on our ambitions. The Director Engineering, reporting into the VP Technology of our global platform, will be responsible to mature our engineering team in Delhi, work closely with other development hubs around the globe and plays a key role in our technology leadership team.
What you will be expected to do with us? Remember this is an indicative list and the actual job will entail a whole lot more…
- Own and drive engineering activities in our Delhi-based development hub
- Lead, develop and mature our engineering team
- Be a leader of leaders managing senior technologists
- Develop your team and provide guidance, motivation and coaching where needed
- Define processes that enable the development organisation to effectively meet commercial objectives
- Build a strong, lean and agile engineering culture that drives best practices and achieves business objectives
- Be a part of our global technology leadership team and partner with other technology leaders and engineering teams around the globe (Buenos Aires, Berlin, Lisbon…)
- Work closely with various product teams to deliver on our product vision
- Work closely with HR in the area of talent acquisition and employer branding
- Use engineering and data insights to influence the product strategy
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- BS/ MS/ B.E./ M.E./ B. Tech/ M. Tech/ PhD in Computer Science
- 14+ years of Total Experience; successfully leading a tech team of +50 engineers, in a fast moving, high-growth environment at least for the last 5 years.
- Deep engineering experience in building highly scalable and easy to maintain software systems in languages like PHP, Java, NodeJS, Go etc.
- Strong experience with large scale distributed systems, service-oriented architectures and cloud native environments
- Good understanding of AI/ML concepts
- Excellent understanding of agile development methodologies
- Strong product and customer empathy. Ability to build that mindset into the engineering organization.
- Ability to embed innovation into everyday product development.
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution.
- Strong leadership and people management skills. Hires great people and develop great people.
- Highly credible – ability to build strong relationships in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Has relentlessly high standards.
- Process and metrics driven. Dives deep on both technical and business issues.
- Excellent communicator. Curious, proactive, motivated. Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.
For more details please reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org