As SVP of Engineering, you will report directly to the CEO and will serve as a key member of our global executive team. The core duties will be to leverage your successful 15-20 year track record in the delivering quality software products to build, manage and motivate a talented team of software engineers, web developers, technical architects, and QA/Test engineers responsible for developing and deploying a global-scale, SaaS based enterprise product considered mission-critical to our running customer’s businesses.
As a leader and coach, you will be expected to hire, retain & grow top-notch talent. Especially as the engineering leader, your ability to bring technical depth, avid curiosity & to roll up your sleeves will be critical. We believe it is key to leading from the front by setting a personal standard for excellence thereby inspiring your team to work with cutting-edge technologies & in agile ways.
Finally, as part of our senior executive team, you will be expected to collaborate with & support your peers in creating an organizational culture we are proud of, managing executive relationships at our Fortune-500 customers, and be an evangelist who advocates for continuous improvement programs that keep transforming SirionLabs to become world-class.
- Drive a transformation of our engineering culture to instil pride of craftsmanship & willingness to experiment & innovate and focus on customer-centricity
- Leverage prior expertise to ensure we stay current with new concepts like Agile & DevOps
- Develop, coach and mentor a world-class Engineering team; partner with People Ops to massively scale development team over next few years
- Work closely with our Product leader to influence & refine our product roadmap
- Own translating key product / customer requests into clear technical requirements and then drive awesome engineering processes (leveraging smart goals/metrics, tight program management etc.) that help us achieve exceptional execution = delivering uncompromising quality, on time, and within budget (in that order)
- Manage a tight build/release & secure production environment (partnering with our Infosec team) to always protect our customers’ data & maintain their faith in our solutions
- Speed up our transition from manual testing to an automated QA environment while also proactively adopting defensive techniques (like unit test-cases, secure programming etc) to ensure a high quality codebase
- Mentor team to design features that ensure the SaaS, multi-tenant nature of our products
- Work closely with the CTO / Lead Architect to stay ahead of the time ensure our tech stack stays cutting-edge (eg. move to SOA architecture, block-chain infrastructure etc)
- Keep re-evaluating org / team structure to ensure we stay an agile and nimble engg team
- Represent SirionLabs in technical industry groups / events to create awareness of our technical depth and world-class solutions
- Represent company (as needed) in relations with major customers, suppliers, government agencies and channel/alliance partners
- As a member of senior leadership team, assume special projects as directed by the CEO
For more details please reach me at email@example.com
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following skill sets and qualities
Expert in HTML5, CSS3 & Node JS.
Worked on any of the following UI frameworks: React JS/Angular JS/Knockout JS for at least 2 years
Possess knowledge on OOPS, REST & NoSQL
Passionate to deliver better products and to improve customer experience
Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management abilities
Strong communication skills and possess good appetite for learning
Accountability & Ownership with the ability to see things through and get things done
Involve in planning and effort estimation of the tasks and projects assigned
Interacting with product teams and other business stakeholders to understand the business
Lead and Attend scrum meetings to ensure that the tasks are performed as per the proposed plan
Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
Lead and provide technical mentoring to a team of talented engineers.
Understand and improve architecture & design to deliver world class UI Experience to our customers
Provide optimized solutions to the problems and work with cross functional teams to implement the
Work in a fast paced environment without a dip in the quality of deliverable
- Setup and maintain all technology servers, systems and infrastructure
- Configure and manage all server systems including email servers, web servers, cache servers and load balancers
- Develop and maintain enterprise system architecture. Define standards and protocols for data exchange, communication and integration of different systems
- Define and execute capacity planning and monitoring processes for all infrastructure and data-center technologies.
- Optimize technical performance and perform deep fine tuning
- Define and implement security directives, disaster-recovery and other critical business or IT objectives
- Maintain the highest levels of service goals with a view towards continuous improvement and innovation
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- BE/BTech, ME/MTech in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of experience in the field of IT operations, web & internet systems, network administration and systems integration
- Broad and deep experience with web operations from server automation to cloud computing
- Proficiency in writing bash, python and other scripts
- Good experience with virtualization and docker technology stack
- Highly organized, efficient and thorough
- Proactive and self driven individual with extremely good communication and interpersonal skills
For more details please reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Front End Developer/Sr. Developer/Lead (4-10 yrs)
Location: Bangalore / Gurgaon
- The position will require you to work on the core experience that visitors will get on using cutting edge products our client is building
- Building elegant web UIs that allow our users to enjoy consuming gobs of information.
- We are looking for frontend developers who have a strong sense for beautiful, pragmatic code and an eye for detail
- User Interface development from scratch will open avenues to learn and build a new application to increase customer traction
- 4-10 years of UI / front end development experience
- E. / B. Tech. / M.E. / M. Tech. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electronics or related field from a premier institute
- Prior working experience in React JS / React Native
- Strong experience in JS
- Strong understanding of web components and in writing frontend codefor performance and modularity
- Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code, and to correctly employ design patterns
- Experience working in cross-browser environments
- Work experience in an Internet or Product company
- Understanding of code and UI frameworks
- Exposure to state containers like Redux
- Experience in JS Frameworks like js, Backbone.jsetc
- Knowledge of TypeScriptand ECMAScript 6
- Understanding of responsive design
- Understanding of mobile development SDKs like iOS, Android tc.
- Experience with LAMP stack, Python/MySQL programming will be a plus
- Work experience in an e-commerce or start-up company
As a Senior Engineer – UI you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference by being a part of development team to build cutting edge web applications that support the business operations. You will come across challenging business problems which will accelerate your learning curve.
Provide guidance, mentors, and transfers knowledge of a complex product and technical skills to the project team.
Work in the capacity of a technical subject matter expert on one or more UI technologies and Greatly influences the technology direction on the UI side.Design Documentation, Code reviews,Unit testing and Take responsibilities in building large UI modules.
Write efficient and quality code that can work @ Our scalable platfarm
Adopt our quality standards and develop and recommend process standards and best practices across the retail industry
Mentor peers and analysts across the division in technology best practices
Research, learn & adapt new technologies to solve problems & improve existing solutions
Participate in events to build innovative solutions
Bachelor’s with 7 – 15 years of relevant experience OR Masters with 6+ years of relevant experience
Proven ability to deliver large UI components across Desktop and Mobile experiences.
Expert at Angular 1.0 or 2.0 (preferably both).
Good Experience/Knowledge of React.Js
Strong sense of ownership, focus on quality, responsiveness, efficiency and innovation
Passion for quick learning and adapting in a fast-paced global environment
Experience in OOJS with consuming RESTful web services
Knowledge of using SQL and All RDBMS (DB2, Informix, etc.)
Our Ideal Candidate
You are a technical, strong and high performing individual with excellent communication skills, proven analytical skill set and strong customer focus. You stay updated with latest research and technology ideas, and have a passion to utilize innovative ways to solve problems. You are a good story-teller and able to simply articulate the intricacies of your models as well as explain your results clearly to stakeholders. You have industry knowledge of the retail space, with keen interest in keeping up to date on the latest happenings in this space.
Engineering Lead – Ruby on Rails
Exp: 6- 8 yrs
Work location : Gurgaon
- Lead the design, development, testing and deployment of significant features, driving them from development to production
- Build RESTful APIs, components, frameworks and CI/CD pipelines that increase quality, predictability and efficiency of business outcomes.
- Build pipelines to ingest terabytes of data spanning billions of rows
- Develop scalable, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Collaborate closely with cross-discipline team including Frontend, Design, QA, Product to build scalable web applications and services
- Proactively monitor application performance and stability using tools such as New Relic, Airbrake etc.
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate algorithms and database queries to support SaaS scalability and stability.
- Generates innovative new ideas, concepts, high fidelity software prototypes and minimum viable products (MVPs) which accelerate or create new business capabilities.
- Evaluates, analyzes and leads the adoption of emerging new technologies and practices to evolve as new standards that improve software delivery and maximize value.
- 6+ years of experience developing object-oriented software with a solid understanding of Ruby and Rails
- In-depth understanding of fundamentals of relational and nosql databases
- Experience in working with large code bases and complex problems
- Fluency using Git and GitHub in a team environment
- Fluency in engineering practices such as TDD, CI, continuous deployment and code reviews
- Ability to instrument a system to identify and solve performance issues and constraints
- Understanding of scaling, throughput and latency
- Enthusiasm for ensuring thorough automated test coverage for your own deliverables
The candidate should be a quick learner and should be up to date with current technology trends. We solve complex, completely new problems in the financial domain which requires someone who is not intimidated by challenges, thrives under pressure and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results.
For more details please reach me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org