As a Lead Backend Architect, you will have the unique and highly valued responsibility of building our backend infrastructure from scratch. Your duties will begin with architecting the infotainment system backend, including defining the backend technology stack. The backend system you build should be robust, scalable, and secure to support our mobile applications, fleet management, and data needs. You will work on a cross-collaborative team comprising of experienced automotive engineers, designers and technologists. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
This team is responsible for overall system architecture and performance, maintenance of a NoSQL database schema and the API layer that wraps it, and various development and operations tasks (Dev/Ops). Develop the vision and roadmap of organization’s technology strategy. Lead the architecture and execution of it. Identify new technology trends and keep an eye on consumer’s evolving behaviour in electronic and Web commerce.
Skills & Requirements:
– 10+ years of proven experience in building complex, large scale internet based systems.
– Must have experience in Back-end development in in various web based technology companies, with strong understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms.
– Strong understanding of Java.
– Significant development and delivery experience in leading large projects
– Hands-on coding experience with popular languages and web stacks.
- Planning for and executing architectural changes in a rapidly growing and evolving business
- Enhancing and maintaining a rapidly evolving API layer that wraps a NoSQL database
- Assessing system performance and driving the necessary architectural or code changes based on test results
- Collaborating with other software engineering teams on significant enhancements that require architectural changes
- Maintaining and simplifying the existing codebase for speed and memory footprint
- Profiling the speed of new and existing features
- Collaborating with a geographically distributed team
- Experience designing and maintaining scalable software systems and their architectures. Able to plan and execute performance tests, and profile and optimize code
- Demonstrated knowledge of building high-performance custom software systems and architectures
- Good database skills, both SQL and NoSQL databases; MongoDB, Redis experience a plus. Familiarity with design patterns
- Worked with a variety of stacks
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- BS in computer science or equivalent degree
- Familiarity with versioning systems such as Git
- Familiarity or a willingness to learn in a partially self-directed manner
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies is a plus
- Passionate about technology, and scalable architecture
For more details please reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideal candidates will be rockstar developers and self starters who excel in a fast pace environments. They should really understand what it means to be agile and business focused and are excited about building consumer Internet products used by tens of millions of users. They should have led a team of Software Engineers to build a significant product and taken it from conception to launch.
Partner with Product Managers to define, architect to build internal and external Web Services and software systems
Own the production environment for your team
Mentor Software Engineers so they learn to design, code and launch software that meets the quality bar
Educate group on latest tools and open source frameworks that we should consider adopting
Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment
Expert level coding skills in any language – Java, PHP or Python
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
8+ years in Industry as a software developer building products
Expert level computer science fundamentals, specifically knowledge of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory
Expert level understanding of multiple frameworks – MVC, MVVM, Middleware, Event
Proficient with working on Linux and Open Source software
Have built systems that scale horizontally on commodity hardware
Expert knowledge of Databases mysql, redis, mongodb or any other NoSQL db
Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You make things happen.
Great to have:
You have worked 2+ years at a startup building end-end systems
You understand and are excited about Dev Ops
You blog and/or speak at Tech events
As Software Architect, you will lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. Your role will be to design innovative solutions to address real market problems. You will work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
- Identify and develop appropriate software architecture based on requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure that system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements, industry trends and technologies.
- Create detailed software design and implement and/or maintain code according to assigned responsibilities.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers in creating detailed software design specifications.
- Lead software architecture documents review process.
- Analyze risks and report problems in meeting system architecture requirements.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compliance schedule.
- Perform periodic evaluation of application performance and security aspects.
- Comply with product development processes.
- Ensure overall integrity of the software architecture and validate it against the system specification.
- Integrate internal and external product design to deliver a cohesive user experience.
- Perform POC as per project requirement.
Desired Technical Skills
- Mastery in Object Oriented Design, Data Structures, Algorithms and Programming including full software development life cycle.
- Exposure to OOPS concepts and Java programming.
- Exposure to application servers such as Websphere, JBoss, etc.
- Exposure to version control management tools such as SVN, Git, etc.
- Experience in JDBC, SQL and relational database management systems such as, Oracle, SQL Server, or DB2 is required. Exposure to Oracle PL/SQL is a plus.
- Working knowledge of multiple programming languages, Java Script, various design patterns, implementation and testing tools. Experience in Spring framework, ExtJS, ORM tools is a plus..
- Expertise in developing high-performance, dependable and secure client/server applications for MS Windows and/or UNIX platforms.
Desired Business Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Scrum or other agile development methodologies is desirable.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Software Architect role.
- Prior experience in developing web based applications in a high-volume consumer business.
For more details reach me at email@example.com
The chosen VP of engineering, will have a successful history of building and motivating strong, world class teams, applying strategic thinking, and executing effectively to deliver a track record of sustained
Manage (recruit, motivate, develop, strengthen) the product engineering team
Mentor and lead the engineering team as a subject matter expert for all technology and architecture related issues.
Architect, Design, Develop & Implement frameworks and application software components using Cloud and Enterprise/Open Source technologies.
Be accountable for the overall technical excellence and quality of the platforms
Should be proactive and enhance existing software architecture by analyzing and identifying areas for improvement, optimization or refactoring
Tune applications at all levels database, middleware and application logic to ensure high product efficiency and quality
Constantly explore new and emerging technologies and techniques, and research ongoing industry developments/trends in the space and make appropriate recommendations to the management for enhancements
Aware of Software estimations and capable of doing and validating estimates across multi technologies.
Create and Manage technology strategy that can serve the business strategy
– Low burn, highly iterative new product development and testing
– 80/20 rule: effectively create low resource high impact technology solutions
– Should be able keep everything our technology can and can’t do in her/his head
– Being able to see micro and macro at the same time and with equal efficiency
– Future ready: always looking to disrupt and challenge the status quo
B.E/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
Articulates a clear technology vision that is inspiring and aligned with business needs and Experienced in articulating the business goals and cascading them down the organization appropriately so that every person in the organization is appropriately stretched to achieve outcomes.
Minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in software engineering leadership capacity and experience across variety of technology stacks (from conception to Go-Live).
Strong experience in E-Commerce & Enterprise grade products
Excellent and robust understanding of scalable product system architecture(s), platforms and core technologies
Strong experience in RDBMS & preferably worked with NOSQL & Hadoop as well and worked across multiple platforms (front-end, middleware)
Demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills to pursue correct engineering process in adverse conditions. Ability to embrace and demonstrate leadership beyond ownership
Ability to work efficiently in an entrepreneurial and in a startup environment
Role – VP Engineering
Location : Gurgaon
Exp: 10+ yrs
For more details at firstname.lastname@example.org