Ideal candidates will be rockstar developers and self starters who excel in a fast pace environments. They should really understand what it means to be agile and business focused and are excited about building consumer Internet products used by tens of millions of users. They should have led a team of Software Engineers to build a significant product and taken it from conception to launch.
Partner with Product Managers to define, architect to build internal and external Web Services and software systems
Own the production environment for your team
Mentor Software Engineers so they learn to design, code and launch software that meets the quality bar
Educate group on latest tools and open source frameworks that we should consider adopting
Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment
Expert level coding skills in any language – Java, PHP or Python
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
8+ years in Industry as a software developer building products
Expert level computer science fundamentals, specifically knowledge of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory
Expert level understanding of multiple frameworks – MVC, MVVM, Middleware, Event
Proficient with working on Linux and Open Source software
Have built systems that scale horizontally on commodity hardware
Expert knowledge of Databases mysql, redis, mongodb or any other NoSQL db
Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You make things happen.
Great to have:
You have worked 2+ years at a startup building end-end systems
You understand and are excited about Dev Ops
You blog and/or speak at Tech events
As Software Architect, you will lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment. Your role will be to design innovative solutions to address real market problems. You will work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones.
- Identify and develop appropriate software architecture based on requirements and design elements contained in a system specification.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure that system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements, industry trends and technologies.
- Create detailed software design and implement and/or maintain code according to assigned responsibilities.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers in creating detailed software design specifications.
- Lead software architecture documents review process.
- Analyze risks and report problems in meeting system architecture requirements.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compliance schedule.
- Perform periodic evaluation of application performance and security aspects.
- Comply with product development processes.
- Ensure overall integrity of the software architecture and validate it against the system specification.
- Integrate internal and external product design to deliver a cohesive user experience.
- Perform POC as per project requirement.
Desired Technical Skills
- Mastery in Object Oriented Design, Data Structures, Algorithms and Programming including full software development life cycle.
- Exposure to OOPS concepts and Java programming.
- Exposure to application servers such as Websphere, JBoss, etc.
- Exposure to version control management tools such as SVN, Git, etc.
- Experience in JDBC, SQL and relational database management systems such as, Oracle, SQL Server, or DB2 is required. Exposure to Oracle PL/SQL is a plus.
- Working knowledge of multiple programming languages, Java Script, various design patterns, implementation and testing tools. Experience in Spring framework, ExtJS, ORM tools is a plus..
- Expertise in developing high-performance, dependable and secure client/server applications for MS Windows and/or UNIX platforms.
Desired Business Skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Scrum or other agile development methodologies is desirable.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Software Architect role.
- Prior experience in developing web based applications in a high-volume consumer business.
For more details reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org