As SVP of Engineering, you will report directly to the CEO and will serve as a key member of our global executive team. The core duties will be to leverage your successful 15-20 year track record in the delivering quality software products to build, manage and motivate a talented team of software engineers, web developers, technical architects, and QA/Test engineers responsible for developing and deploying a global-scale, SaaS based enterprise product considered mission-critical to our running customer’s businesses.
As a leader and coach, you will be expected to hire, retain & grow top-notch talent. Especially as the engineering leader, your ability to bring technical depth, avid curiosity & to roll up your sleeves will be critical. We believe it is key to leading from the front by setting a personal standard for excellence thereby inspiring your team to work with cutting-edge technologies & in agile ways.
Finally, as part of our senior executive team, you will be expected to collaborate with & support your peers in creating an organizational culture we are proud of, managing executive relationships at our Fortune-500 customers, and be an evangelist who advocates for continuous improvement programs that keep transforming SirionLabs to become world-class.
- Drive a transformation of our engineering culture to instil pride of craftsmanship & willingness to experiment & innovate and focus on customer-centricity
- Leverage prior expertise to ensure we stay current with new concepts like Agile & DevOps
- Develop, coach and mentor a world-class Engineering team; partner with People Ops to massively scale development team over next few years
- Work closely with our Product leader to influence & refine our product roadmap
- Own translating key product / customer requests into clear technical requirements and then drive awesome engineering processes (leveraging smart goals/metrics, tight program management etc.) that help us achieve exceptional execution = delivering uncompromising quality, on time, and within budget (in that order)
- Manage a tight build/release & secure production environment (partnering with our Infosec team) to always protect our customers’ data & maintain their faith in our solutions
- Speed up our transition from manual testing to an automated QA environment while also proactively adopting defensive techniques (like unit test-cases, secure programming etc) to ensure a high quality codebase
- Mentor team to design features that ensure the SaaS, multi-tenant nature of our products
- Work closely with the CTO / Lead Architect to stay ahead of the time ensure our tech stack stays cutting-edge (eg. move to SOA architecture, block-chain infrastructure etc)
- Keep re-evaluating org / team structure to ensure we stay an agile and nimble engg team
- Represent SirionLabs in technical industry groups / events to create awareness of our technical depth and world-class solutions
- Represent company (as needed) in relations with major customers, suppliers, government agencies and channel/alliance partners
- As a member of senior leadership team, assume special projects as directed by the CEO
For more details please reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org