As SVP of Engineering, you will report directly to the CEO and will serve as a key member of our global executive team. The core duties will be to leverage your successful 15-20 year track record in the delivering quality software products to build, manage and motivate a talented team of software engineers, web developers, technical architects, and QA/Test engineers responsible for developing and deploying a global-scale, SaaS based enterprise product considered mission-critical to our running customer’s businesses.
As a leader and coach, you will be expected to hire, retain & grow top-notch talent. Especially as the engineering leader, your ability to bring technical depth, avid curiosity & to roll up your sleeves will be critical. We believe it is key to leading from the front by setting a personal standard for excellence thereby inspiring your team to work with cutting-edge technologies & in agile ways.
Finally, as part of our senior executive team, you will be expected to collaborate with & support your peers in creating an organizational culture we are proud of, managing executive relationships at our Fortune-500 customers, and be an evangelist who advocates for continuous improvement programs that keep transforming SirionLabs to become world-class.
- Drive a transformation of our engineering culture to instil pride of craftsmanship & willingness to experiment & innovate and focus on customer-centricity
- Leverage prior expertise to ensure we stay current with new concepts like Agile & DevOps
- Develop, coach and mentor a world-class Engineering team; partner with People Ops to massively scale development team over next few years
- Work closely with our Product leader to influence & refine our product roadmap
- Own translating key product / customer requests into clear technical requirements and then drive awesome engineering processes (leveraging smart goals/metrics, tight program management etc.) that help us achieve exceptional execution = delivering uncompromising quality, on time, and within budget (in that order)
- Manage a tight build/release & secure production environment (partnering with our Infosec team) to always protect our customers’ data & maintain their faith in our solutions
- Speed up our transition from manual testing to an automated QA environment while also proactively adopting defensive techniques (like unit test-cases, secure programming etc) to ensure a high quality codebase
- Mentor team to design features that ensure the SaaS, multi-tenant nature of our products
- Work closely with the CTO / Lead Architect to stay ahead of the time ensure our tech stack stays cutting-edge (eg. move to SOA architecture, block-chain infrastructure etc)
- Keep re-evaluating org / team structure to ensure we stay an agile and nimble engg team
- Represent SirionLabs in technical industry groups / events to create awareness of our technical depth and world-class solutions
- Represent company (as needed) in relations with major customers, suppliers, government agencies and channel/alliance partners
- As a member of senior leadership team, assume special projects as directed by the CEO
For more details please reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Engineering Manager you will join an Engineering led company. Our Client is globally admired for their SaaS products.
Your key responsibilities:
- Mentor and guide multiple engineering teams of 8-10 people or larger teams.
- Responsible for the product engineering road map, quality assurance and stability of the product.
- Define best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time architect
- Design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- Responsible for hiring and skills management within the team.
What you have:
- 6 to 10 years of total work experience in high performance software company, preferably in a consumer startup (or startup like environment). Please skip if experience is limited to services.
- Strong hands-on coding experience.
- Experience with one or more back end technologies (e.g. PHP, Python, Java)
- Sound understanding of scalable systems, distributed computing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions in high pressure environments with limited information.
For more details please reach me at email@example.com
What we are looking for
Engineering Manager at is an interesting opportunity to solve complex
problems. The scope of work will include advanced information-retrieval
algorithms, massive scalability and large-scale applications that enrich user
experience and predictive analytics in the area of Supply Chain
Management. The ideal candidate will have over 9 years of relevant industry
experience and a strong technology acumen coupled with excellent people
BE/B.Tech (or an equivalent degree) in Computer Science
What you will be doing
• Provide technical leadership to major projects, build and guide an
engineering team of 10-15 top notch engineers
• Chalk-out and implement the vision, technology roadmap and business
• Ensure that the team optimizes codes, while contributing to business
goals and product strategies
• Create clear career paths for team members and ensure their growth by
• Evaluate performances regularly and share and seek feedback
• Operate with scale and speed, amidst flux in the fast-paced environment
• Work closely with Engineering Leaders, Managers; Product Management,
Business Development and Operation teams, and enable them by
providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace
• Set up best practices for development and overlook its adoption
• Architect and design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
• Work with designers, business analysts, and product managers to
estimate and plan projects in an agile environment
• Drive exceptional performance and collaborate with other teams on
unclear interfaces amidst the rapidly evolving organizational activities
What you should have
• Excellent leadership skills to manage and mentor teams
• A deep understanding of technologies and architecture in a highly
scalable and available set-up
• Expertise in highly transactional, large relational and complex systems
• Strong object oriented design skills, and an uncanny ability to design
intuitive modules and class-level interfaces
• Superior management skills to manage multi-engineer projects and
experience in delivering high quality projects on time
• Strong technical competence with a track record of individual technical
Note : Interviews will be conducted on 25th August 2017 (Saturday) in Bangalore
For more details please reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ideal candidates will be rockstar developers and self starters who excel in a fast pace environments. They should really understand what it means to be agile and business focused and are excited about building consumer Internet products used by tens of millions of users. They should have led a team of Software Engineers to build a significant product and taken it from conception to launch.
Partner with Product Managers to define, architect to build internal and external Web Services and software systems
Own the production environment for your team
Mentor Software Engineers so they learn to design, code and launch software that meets the quality bar
Educate group on latest tools and open source frameworks that we should consider adopting
Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment
Expert level coding skills in any language – Java, PHP or Python
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
8+ years in Industry as a software developer building products
Expert level computer science fundamentals, specifically knowledge of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory
Expert level understanding of multiple frameworks – MVC, MVVM, Middleware, Event
Proficient with working on Linux and Open Source software
Have built systems that scale horizontally on commodity hardware
Expert knowledge of Databases mysql, redis, mongodb or any other NoSQL db
Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You make things happen.
Great to have:
You have worked 2+ years at a startup building end-end systems
You understand and are excited about Dev Ops
You blog and/or speak at Tech events